Firmware file archive: download your firmware from here

Support requests for wrong Fw uptading and ressurection of dead players.

Firmware file archive: download your firmware from here

Postby Crunchy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:10 pm

After several posts by people who killed their player with firmware from this archive, hoping to get extra features, I feel it's time for a warning:

[DISCLAIMER: read this before downloading the firmware archive]
REMEMBER: THESE FILES ARE NOT, I REPEAT, NOT, GUARANTEED TO WORK WITH YOUR PLAYER!
these files were collected from all over the web, and from peoples own mp3 players, FOR RECOVERY PURPOSES ONLY! they are NOT a collection of "better" firmware, in fact, if they are not meant for your player, THEY WILL KILL IT!

YOU WILL NOT GET EXTRA FEATURES BY UPDATING, AND YOU WILL NOT "MAGICALLY" UNLOCK THINGS LIKE RADIO OR MORE COLOURS ON SCREEN. These are HARDWARE problems, and no firmware is EVER going to solve them!

KNOW that you are more likely to KILL your player than to get extra feautures from firmware updates!

If, after this warning you still think you want to update, be a smart person AND MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT FIRMWARE using the s1fwx tool by wiRe.
The latest version is always available from his website:
URL: http://www.s1mp3.de

For those who did not understand this yet: a firmware upgrade WILL NOT make your player better, it will NOT give it extra storage space, it will NOT give it radio functionality, it will NOT give you more colours for your screen, and it will NOT allow your player to play more music files (That's right, NO aac, ogg vorbis, wav or any other music type support, ONLY MP3 and WMA)

If you still don't understand, try this for comparison:
You can't buy an old rust-bucketed, crunched, burnt-out old car from a junkyard, then change the seat covers and expect it to turn into the latest Ferrari, sports edition. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!

And now, after this, hopefully enlightening, disclaimer, we continue to the actual archive part
[end of disclaimer]

Below is a list of all firmware files currently collected by all people here on the forums, it is in no sense a complete database, and new firmwares are added on a regular basis, so if you can't find anything at first, check back often.

If you have a file that is not yet in the following list, please email it to me, and I'll add it to the archive and update the links.
Mail it to: "J_Kers<AT>yahoo<DOT>co<DOT>uk"

If you have extracted your own firmware, please send it to me with the following name:
<boardnumber>.bak.bin
if you do not want to open your player, name it:
<modelname>.bak.bin
and include, board number, number of colours, (no)phonebook, (no)FM and MD5 checksum in the email.

DOWNLOAD LINK
(updated March 4th, 2008)

Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38743503/Firmware_versions.7z.html

You will need 7Zip to extract the archive. 7Zip currently provides the best compression, and is therefor used throughout the s1mp3 project.

SUMMARY OF ARCHIVED FIRMWARE FILES:
In the archive is included a summary-file, with all MD5 sums, special information, and (as far as known) compatible board numbers.
the file is included both as .sxc (OpenOffice.org worksheet) and .xls (microsoft Excel)
things to do before I die:
1) achieve immortality
all other things can wait

player:
512MB, no FM, 7 colours, 3 animations
board number: LJD-02+3V0.2 2005-01-28
Crunchy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Wrong Fw update/ Recover dead devices