Need help for dead MP3/MP4 Wilson Co. Ldt (What to do?)

For Sigmatel chip based and others non-S1 players, such as ATJ2075-based. (NOTE: these are NOT S1 Players and the guides on this site will not help with these players)

Need help for dead MP3/MP4 Wilson Co. Ldt (What to do?)

Postby Gosser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I got this MP3/MP4 just yesterday. At first i thought "Nice!", but today I do not.

First of all, I find out that it actually is not 4GB - but only 1GB! So sad..

After that I find out that it is VERY slow to access all the music in the main-folder - and when it does, I can't select an artist, because it just returns to the MP3 player :evil:

I thought this could be fixed with a new firmware, so I found the first and the best, and installed it! I really should not have done that..

First the MP3/MP4 player had a blue screen, and now it would not turn on at all!

I need som serious help, to make it work again :cry:

I really hope you guys can help me! :oops:

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Gosser
Gosser

Re: Need help for dead MP3/MP4 Wilson Co. Ldt (What to do?)

Postby Gosser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Hmm.. When I press the Menu button now, it blinks one time?

So, there is some life back in it?

But my computer still won't recognize it! :cry:
Gosser

Postby Gosser » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Can anybody please help me?
Gosser

Postby clarkblair » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:33 pm

I had the same problem I think it started when i made a lot of sub folders and then i formated fat32 whitch made thing
worse. the media player only supports fat16 and folder 1 deep off the root and only not more than 99 files in a folder.
I had to repartition the drive back out to 4 gig and i had to format it with a windows 98 machine so it would format fat16 in one big partition, I think windows xp will try to format fat32 evidenty in flash drives you can go beyond the fat16 2 gig limit.
I hope this will help somebody out i spent about two days trying to figure it out but mine is working fine now.
clarkblair

Return to Sigmatel and other non-s1 Player Problems