Hello

Off-Topic, anything, preferably not related to s1mp3! :)

Moderator: wladston

Hello

Postby Bokkire Jin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:51 am

hi! recently ran across this forum after hitting a link in some other forum that was in a google search of firmware update. :P people were having issues w/a dead player after updating and so on. got the 2 gig mp3 player and heres the info;
ic version - 0x0000
storage info - 0x0602, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000
device - s1 mp3 player
manufacturer - Wilson co. ltd.
bootflash type - 'f285'
brom version - 3.0.80
firmware version - 9.0.48

this displayed while i tried s1fwx, but got the "system cannot read from specified device" error. i'll look through the forums to get an explanation.

overall, its worked good. i recently ran into a problem w/some of the music files being corrupted, after being able to play before hand. this seems to have happened mainly to .wma files. i'm looking forward to making themes for it. the only other small device experience i have under my belt is the dreamcast vmu. i can make .exe animations :P

look forward to learning about this little gadget!
Bokkire Jin

Postby Banana » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:40 pm

1. Do not try firmware update if the player works
2. Do not try making themes if you don't have the EXACT firmware for your player. S1fwx does not work on series 9 firmware yet.
3. For corrupted files try this:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Postby Bokkire Jin » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:56 am

nice link! i'll try that. yeah, that forum had alot of people "fixing what wasn't broke" and got the fragged player afterwards. update will be a no-no. as for the theme editing, i can wait for a proper version :D. i'll dig up the .gif version of the vmu file i made and post it later.
Bokkire Jin

Return to Free chat