AMV format and Linux?

Video encoding, MTV, DMV, AMV, AMR, fps and everything video-related

Moderator: scrub50187

AMV format and Linux?

Postby xerakko » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:20 pm

I've looked for programs to convert to amv format and I can't find anything :( . Does anybody find any one?
xerakko

Postby JedOi » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:50 pm

Hi xerakko,

I don't know about tools specifically for linux - but if you can emulate windows - look Here (The version 3.0.6 includes an "MTV convert tool" and the versions 3.57 contains also a "AMV Convert tool" and a "AMV player".) ;)

Hope this helps.
JedOi

Postby xerakko » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:27 pm

JedOi wrote:Hi xerakko,

I don't know about tools specifically for linux - but if you can emulate windows - look Here (The version 3.0.6 includes an "MTV convert tool" and the versions 3.57 contains also a "AMV Convert tool" and a "AMV player".) ;)

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, wine tool is not able to exec it because is hardly dependent on Directx, Internet Explorer and Media Player 10 :(
xerakko

Postby JedOi » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:58 pm

hmm, I know it's a pain but what about Virtual-PC ... is there a linux version of that ? (usually for MAC).
JedOi

Postby trisk » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:34 am

xerakko wrote:Unfortunately, wine tool is not able to exec it because is hardly dependent on Directx, Internet Explorer and Media Player 10
Wrong. It DOES work in wine, but you need to install Windows Media Player 9 (not 10) first.

Follow these steps:
* Run "winecfg" and change Windows version to Windows 98.

* You will first need msxml.dll, quartz.dll, and qedit.dll (google for the files and copy to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and run "regsvr32 msxml.dll" etc.).

* Run "winecfg" and add a native DLL overrides for "quartz" "msiexec.exe", and "msi" (exactly as typed without quotes).

* Install WMP9 (don't worry if it doesn't start).

* Install Windows Installer by running InstMsiA.exe that comes with the MP3 Player Utilities

* Install the MP3 Player Utilities by running the setup.exe or whatever

* Install other codecs for XviD/DivX etc (e.g. ffdshow from ffdshow.sf.net) so you can convert AVI files.

Things to note about using AMV tools:
* The Settings window (to change encoding settings) doesn't display unless you press the Alt key TWICE. Very weird.
* The AMV convert tool is slowwhen displaying progress so minimise the window when converting so it doesn't get slowed down.
* You might not be able to change the output folder. The default is "C:" (so ~/.wine/drive_c).
trisk

Postby wladston » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:18 am

nice post!
This was added to the wiki

http://www.s1mp3.org/wiki/index.php/Video_encoding
1GB Standard s1 mp3 player. (MP-482C MAIN V8)
1GB "mp4" s1mp3 player. Not remarked.
I DO __NOT__ reply to PM's. Send email instead. I won't be even notified for new PM's.
wladston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby xerakko » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:58 am

I've installed now Media Player 9, and it works, but when I try to exec avmtransform.exe, it says me that It's not possible to exec it without DirectX9. How did you installed it?
xerakko

Postby trisk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:42 am

Make sure you're using a recent version of wine (0.9.x). If "wine --version" shows a date as the version number you're using an alpha release which is too old. You can download packages for many systems from the winehq site.
trisk

Postby xerakko » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:00 pm

trisk wrote:Make sure you're using a recent version of wine (0.9.x). If "wine --version" shows a date as the version number you're using an alpha release which is too old. You can download packages for many systems from the winehq site.

I've been testing with wine 0.9.6 without get anything, but I've upgraded to 0.9.7 and now it correct all correctly.
xerakko

Postby Nighto » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:15 pm

trisk wrote:
xerakko wrote:Unfortunately, wine tool is not able to exec it because is hardly dependent on Directx, Internet Explorer and Media Player 10
Wrong. It DOES work in wine, but you need to install Windows Media Player 9 (not 10) first.

Follow these steps:
* Run "winecfg" and change Windows version to Windows 98.

* You will first need msxml.dll, quartz.dll, and qedit.dll (google for the files and copy to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and run "regsvr32 msxml.dll" etc.).

* Run "winecfg" and add a native DLL overrides for "quartz" "msiexec.exe", and "msi" (exactly as typed without quotes).

* Install WMP9 (don't worry if it doesn't start).

* Install Windows Installer by running InstMsiA.exe that comes with the MP3 Player Utilities

* Install the MP3 Player Utilities by running the setup.exe or whatever

* Install other codecs for XviD/DivX etc (e.g. ffdshow from ffdshow.sf.net) so you can convert AVI files.

Things to note about using AMV tools:
* The Settings window (to change encoding settings) doesn't display unless you press the Alt key TWICE. Very weird.
* The AMV convert tool is slowwhen displaying progress so minimise the window when converting so it doesn't get slowed down.
* You might not be able to change the output folder. The default is "C:" (so ~/.wine/drive_c).

I've downloaded MPSetup.exe to install WMP9, and the installer says that it is already installed and it got no upgrades.
After that "error" i followed all the steps correctly. When i got to run it:

Code: Select all
nighto@persocon:~/.wine/drive_c/Arquivos de programas/MP3 Player Utilities 3.68/AMVTools$ wine amvtransform.exe
err:module:import_dll Loading library WMVCore.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\transdll.dll") failed (error c000007b).
err:module:import_dll Library transdll.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\amvtransform.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\amvtransform.exe" failed, status c0000135

Any suggestions?
Nighto

Postby Gatu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:21 am

Hi,

I could install the software in Wine and make it run partly. However the videos which I produce do not have sound at all.
What did I do wrong?

Is there any native Linux tool to do the conversion?

Thanks,
Gatu
Gatu

Postby ntoni » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:53 pm

I've tried to make this program work under wine... but I can't!
The problem is that I can't manage how to install WMP 9.
I followed the whole procedure... but got this error
scrapthesurface@ubuntu:/apps/MP3 Player Utilities 4.00$ regsvr32 msxml.dll
Failed to load DLL msxml.dll

And then when I tried to install WMP it complained about being unable to know available updates.
Any idea?
Any solution?
Please let me know!
ntoni

Postby Gatu » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:12 pm

Try to get this dll from another place, I had a similar problem, it would register but it did not work then, I just downloaded another one and then it was ok.
Br, Gatu
Gatu

Postby ntoni » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Thanks, by using another XML dll now Windows Media Player installs and runs correctly... but video do not work with my Windows Media Player installation!
While mp3s play, video do not start at all... neither in Windows Media Player nor in video converter...
Any other suggestions? This player works nice under linux... if I could get AMV Video Converter to work it would be perfect! :roll:
ntoni

Postby erdsiger » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Gatu wrote:Try to get this dll from another place

I have a smilar problem, tried to download from other places, but still get this error:

erdsiger@linux:~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32> ls
msxml.dll  qedit.dll  quartz.dll
erdsiger@linux:~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32> regsvr32 msxml.dll
Dll msxml.dll not found

I use SuSE 10.0 and wine 20050725. Please help me, how could I solve this problem?
erdsiger

Next

Return to Video related (MTV, AMV, encoders, etc.)