JedOi wrote:Hi xerakko,
I don't know about tools specifically for linux - but if you can emulate windows - look Here (The version 3.0.6 includes an "MTV convert tool" and the versions 3.57 contains also a "AMV Convert tool" and a "AMV player".)
Hope this helps.
Wrong. It DOES work in wine, but you need to install Windows Media Player 9 (not 10) first.xerakko wrote:Unfortunately, wine tool is not able to exec it because is hardly dependent on Directx, Internet Explorer and Media Player 10
trisk wrote:Make sure you're using a recent version of wine (0.9.x). If "wine --version" shows a date as the version number you're using an alpha release which is too old. You can download packages for many systems from the winehq site.
trisk wrote:Wrong. It DOES work in wine, but you need to install Windows Media Player 9 (not 10) first.xerakko wrote:Unfortunately, wine tool is not able to exec it because is hardly dependent on Directx, Internet Explorer and Media Player 10
Follow these steps:
* Run "winecfg" and change Windows version to Windows 98.
* You will first need msxml.dll, quartz.dll, and qedit.dll (google for the files and copy to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and run "regsvr32 msxml.dll" etc.).
* Run "winecfg" and add a native DLL overrides for "quartz" "msiexec.exe", and "msi" (exactly as typed without quotes).
* Install WMP9 (don't worry if it doesn't start).
* Install Windows Installer by running InstMsiA.exe that comes with the MP3 Player Utilities
* Install the MP3 Player Utilities by running the setup.exe or whatever
* Install other codecs for XviD/DivX etc (e.g. ffdshow from ffdshow.sf.net) so you can convert AVI files.
Things to note about using AMV tools:
* The Settings window (to change encoding settings) doesn't display unless you press the Alt key TWICE. Very weird.
* The AMV convert tool is slowwhen displaying progress so minimise the window when converting so it doesn't get slowed down.
* You might not be able to change the output folder. The default is "C:" (so ~/.wine/drive_c).
nighto@persocon:~/.wine/drive_c/Arquivos de programas/MP3 Player Utilities 3.68/AMVTools$ wine amvtransform.exe
err:module:import_dll Loading library WMVCore.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\transdll.dll") failed (error c000007b).
err:module:import_dll Library transdll.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\amvtransform.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\MP3 Player Utilities 3.68\\AMVTools\\amvtransform.exe" failed, status c0000135
scrapthesurface@ubuntu:/apps/MP3 Player Utilities 4.00$ regsvr32 msxml.dll
Failed to load DLL msxml.dll
Gatu wrote:Try to get this dll from another place
msxml.dll qedit.dll quartz.dll
erdsiger@linux:~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32> regsvr32 msxml.dll
Dll msxml.dll not found
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests