AMV converter can't convert videos to .amv format

Video encoding, MTV, DMV, AMV, AMR, fps and everything video-related

Moderator: scrub50187

AMV converter can't convert videos to .amv format

Postby krp » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:42 am

hi there

Whenever i try to convert my .avi videos to .amv format using AMV convert tool, the convert tool converts only 1 sec of the video before it crashes (amvtransform.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close).

How do i get past this problem? And are there any other programs out there which i can use?
krp

Postby Banana » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Are you sure you have the correct codecs installed? You may try to install K-Lite codec pack.
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Postby krp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:03 am

i alreadi have that codec pack installed :)
krp

Postby Banana » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 am

Then I don't know. You could try another version of the tools suite.
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Re: AMV converter can't convert videos to .amv format

Postby SAZAR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:30 pm

krp wrote:hi there

Whenever i try to convert my .avi videos to .amv format using AMV convert tool, the convert tool converts only 1 sec of the video before it crashes (amvtransform.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close).

How do i get past this problem? And are there any other programs out there which i can use?

Most probably the problem is in some stupid little driver on your system that AMV converter uses, and you can't track it to know which one...

Take those videos and the AMV converter program to some other computer and try it there (to make sure that generaly it can be converted, but the problem is specificaly in your computer).

Try some other movie files. Maybe the problem is in videos themselves. (if that's problem then you should recompress those videos with some video utility to a format that doesn't make trouble to AMV converter)
Maybe the problem is in AMV converter you have. Maybe the problem is in operating system you have on your computer...

-----------------------------
PS: Also - there are some videos that have some kind of stupid protection for some reason so you can only watch them but you can't operate on those videos (no recompressing, no converting, nothing). But I doubt someone would put a protection on short video clips (and I guess you are talking about them, so this doesn't apply to your problem, but, heck - just know that even these complications are possible (once I had to record an episode of some series in AVi format from my PC to VCR tape, then played it and recorded it on PC in AVI format of my choice, and only then I could sucessfuly convert it in AMV - that was nice))
SAZAR
s3 poster

Postby Banana » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:54 pm

@SAZAR

You mean that DRM crap? Well, it depends where it came from. Some people are so paranoid that it could indeed have it ...
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Postby krp » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:59 am

seems like there's a lot of possbilities there... but nvm, i'll first try converting vids on another computer to check if there is indeed a problem with my software..
krp

Return to Video related (MTV, AMV, encoders, etc.)