how to remove the audio from video file?

Video encoding, MTV, DMV, AMV, AMR, fps and everything video-related

Moderator: scrub50187

how to remove the audio from video file?

Postby rubie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:46 am

I downloaded some interesting videos, and want to redub in them using video edit software and send them to my friends. I tried Windows Movie Maker, it can mute the audio of source video, and add new audio. But I really want to remove the audio from source video completely, rather than mute.
Who can kindly recommend me some software? Many thanks
rubie

Postby sisily » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:47 am

Imtoo MPEG Encoder works, if u work under Windows. After importing video files, u will find Disable Audio option in the right setting area, just check True, then the audio will be removed from the video file
sisily

Re: how to remove the audio from video file?

Postby SAZAR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:10 pm

rubie wrote:I downloaded some interesting videos, and want to redub in them using video edit software and send them to my friends. I tried Windows Movie Maker, it can mute the audio of source video, and add new audio. But I really want to remove the audio from source video completely, rather than mute.
Who can kindly recommend me some software? Many thanks

VirtualDub

That program is all about opperating on AVI files themselves. In that program you can open videos and recompress both audio and video to any codec from the list, leave either of them unedited and recompress the other and even export video with no audio at all (Audio > No Audio) or save only audio in WAV file format. So that's it.

-----------

There is another program: SoundForge.
It's all about editing audio (but can also recompress video and add second audio track to avi file so you can switch in video players which track you want to listen to). Has all kinds of audio Effects and Processes. You can turn on Video preview and operate on audio workspace (waveform) of the movie anyway you want (add special effects, synchronise your voice to actors and make funny stuff).

If you want more complex editing on videos, then: Adobe Premiere.
It's THE program for editing video (cutting, applying transitions and effects to movie scenes etc etc etc).
SAZAR
s3 poster

Postby rubie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:33 am

thanks SAZAR, do those software support all file format? i don't know whether it works if my video file is not AVI
rubie

Postby sisily » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm

well, if u are seeking for a software that supports all video file formats, u absolutely should try this Imtoo MPEG Encoder
sisily

Postby rubie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:17 am

:P thanks sisily, i'll have a try, since this program is so nice as u said...
rubie

Postby Zim_256 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:30 am

Try using TMPGEnc, export the file as AVI and don't click the AUDIO output when saving the file.
Z6 Comp Sys
Zim_256
s1 mp3 poster
s1 mp3 poster

Re: how to remove the audio from video file?

Postby thomasz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:53 am

can i convert avi to wmv and then using Imtoo MPEG?
thomasz

Return to Video related (MTV, AMV, encoders, etc.)