VOB to AMV

Video encoding, MTV, DMV, AMV, AMR, fps and everything video-related

Moderator: scrub50187

VOB to AMV

Postby SAZAR » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm

I can't covert .VOB files (movie file type for DVDs) to .AMV format.
What is the deal here?
How to solve this problem?
How to convert VOB to AMV?

I have an AMV converter program that came with my mp4 player (and also I have some other version of that program I downloaded from the Internet, but the problem is the same).

----------------------------

My converter pretends that it started coverting but then it ends up in error message or "Conversion completed." without an actual result...

It can play VOB files (that preview area in AMV converter), but it can't convert.

I tried to associate .VOB file type to Windows Media Player, and some other programs, but it didn't help.

Is there some trick - some setting in windows so that AMV converter can handle VOB files or what?
SAZAR
s3 poster

Postby SAZAR » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:31 pm

Will someone...
SAZAR
s3 poster

Postby milad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:53 am

hi

i think you waste your time you must convert VOB to MPEG then convert mpeg to AMV

bye
Model:Apacer AU822
Mainboard:K2TJ1061006305
Chip:2085H
Battery:230 mAh 3.7v
Flash Chip:K9K8G08U0M
Firmware:ACTS16D_37 3.5.38
Zhaleh Theme: http://forum.s1mp3.org/viewtopic.php?t=6725
milad

Postby SAZAR » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:08 pm

That's how I'm doing it now, and it's a harder way around (also: more time is needed for DVD to AVI conversion than AMV conversion needs... and then after AVI you must convert it to the AMV... double trouble... and I don't need AVI after that cause it's not as good as DVD...).

I started this topic motivated by the fact that VOB file has an option named "Start Transformation(s)" (or something like that) which opens it in AMV converter.

Transformation option is available on right click on the VOB file - which implies that VOB was in the plan - so it implies that AMV converter was meant to be able to convert VOB files; but there is a problem - a bug - do they plan to fix that bug in some latter version of the program.

Or maybe there is someone out there who can make this "VOB to AMV" utility and offer it for download.
SAZAR
s3 poster

Re: VOB to AMV

Postby SAZAR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 pm

Heck... How low did this went when I must reply to my own threads.

Milad is wrong. I've found a way (quite a long time ago, but now I'm posting this in hope that I will spare some other people the trouble).

On some messageboard i've found someone who said that "Ace Mega Codecs Pack" should solve the problem - and I tried it. He was right - now I can convert VOB files directly with my MP4 converters.

The codec pack program is kind of stupid though - because when you install what he suggests as a replacement for your existing codecs (newer versions of e.g. MPEG codecs) if you uninstal it you no longer have some codecs you've had before. (and there are some other problems; so install manualy only components that have VOB or DVD in their name and nothing else)

I think the solution has to do with DirectVobSub specifically, so try downloading only that codec...
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectVobSub.htm

...Hope I helped someone...
SAZAR
s3 poster

Re: VOB to AMV

Postby SAZAR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:30 pm

ough! Almost forgot. It is possible that some things won't work right-away, so experiment with settings (try options in your player or configurators that come with ACE, or find ffdshow configuration and AC3 for audio etc.).

So it's settings, settings, settings. (and if there are conflicts with codecs then uninstall some or disable... heck, I didn;t remember how I made mine work...)
SAZAR
s3 poster

Return to Video related (MTV, AMV, encoders, etc.)