My First S1MP3

Support requests related to player usage

My First S1MP3

Postby /// RiDER » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:59 am

yesterday i bough My First S1MP3, it looks like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... xample.jpg

the firmware version is 2007/03/12
9.1.51.0000 fv . I wont to change theme(welcome screen and good bye with another text(is those two animated pics or just text ?) , fonts, also default language i wont it to be English ...

I lave downloaded some Tools, but I can not understood how the work, and witch one i need.

I have also downloaded Product_Toolsv4.19. i think its needed tool for me.
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby Banana » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:59 am

Do not do it, you WILL kill your player. No reliable tools are avaible for extracting firmware!
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Postby BARMAN2005 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:33 pm

Please download s1clone http://www.s1mp3.de/ and make copy of your original fw, then upload it here http://divshare.com/ and give us link.

Thanks. You will help many people!
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland

Postby /// RiDER » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Banana wrote:Do not do it, you WILL kill your player. No reliable tools are avaible for extracting firmware!


:( :( okey ...

but

if i do what BARMAN2005 asked
BARMAN2005 wrote:Please download s1clone http://www.s1mp3.de/ and make copy of your original fw, then upload it here http://divshare.com/ and give us link.

Thanks. You will help many people!


i also kill my mp3 ???
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby /// RiDER » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:38 pm

BARMAN2005 wrote:Please download s1clone http://www.s1mp3.de/ and make copy of your original fw, then upload it here http://divshare.com/ and give us link.

Thanks. You will help many people!



OK But ...

I downloaded the S1clone
i have opened it

Image


than i whanted to select firmware file. but can't find it ...

Image



so, can you tell me how it to do ?
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby BARMAN2005 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:52 pm

If you will make copy of your original fw you don't kill your player.

Maybe you should select in "Files of type" not "s1mp3 image files" but something else, show all files?
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland

Postby /// RiDER » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:55 am

BARMAN2005 wrote:If you will make copy of your original fw you don't kill your player.

Maybe you should select in "Files of type" not "s1mp3 image files" but something else, show all files?
''



here it is http://www.divshare.com/download/972191-df5


:)
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby BARMAN2005 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:01 am

Thank you very much!
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland

Postby Banana » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 am

What I meant was do not try to extract and modify firmware for writting it back. As much as I know images created with s1clone can't be modified and the firmwares extracted with the other tool avaible does get corrupted, hence those last one kill your player. Sorry for being alarmistic, but many people kill their player that way.

Only reading firmware as Barman2005 asked you should do no harm.
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Postby BARMAN2005 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Banana wrote:...Only reading firmware as Barman2005 asked you should do no harm...

...and you can help someone.
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland

Postby /// RiDER » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Banana wrote:What I meant was do not try to extract and modify firmware for writting it back. As much as I know images created with s1clone can't be modified and the firmwares extracted with the other tool avaible does get corrupted, hence those last one kill your player. Sorry for being alarmistic, but many people kill their player that way.

Only reading firmware as Barman2005 asked you should do no harm.


aaa, now i know what you sad :)


is any other ways to help more?
I mean moding my version of firmware
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby BARMAN2005 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:43 am

Can you give us more info about your player(copy fw)?
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland

Postby /// RiDER » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:48 am

BARMAN2005 wrote:Can you give us more info about your player(copy fw]?




I dont understand what are you asking for

firmware ?
User avatar
/// RiDER
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 am
Location: Georgia/Tbilisi

Postby BARMAN2005 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 am

We need more information about copy fw which you give us. This can help find correct fw for player. Example:

Information about Mp3:
S1 Mp3 Player 2GB, no FM

Chip:
ATJ2091N
F807708 58H

Memory flash:
Samsung 704
K9LAG08U0M
PCB0
FEL620PBC

Board number?:
YSB16124V1.03
2005-09-22 SZR

:)
User avatar
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Poland


Return to Player usage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron