HELP!!! "cant format, write-protected"

Post here if you have problems with decreased memory or formatting problems.

HELP!!! "cant format, write-protected"

Postby emong » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:15 am

i need help. i cant format my MP3. it says about remove write-protect. i cant format my player because it is write-protect but it has no write-protection botton. how can i remove the write-protect problem?? my pc read my device as removable disk. i can open it but i cant format it. and i cant even store any file. pls help me regarding to this matter. tnx a lot to all!
emong

Your player might be in adfu mode

Postby oderayi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

What you have to do is open the player's case and locate the flash memory. It's an IC with pins.legs. make sure the player is connected to your pc's USB. Get two office pins or screw drivers and bridge the IC legs (as in use the office pins or screw driver to short circuit the IC's legs) as much as you can.

As you do that your player might be restarting. Try as many IC legs as possible and bridge them occassioonally.

Hope it works.

Check out this link http://s1mp3.secret.com.br/en/docs_deadrec.php for more explanations.
oderayi

Re: Your player might be in adfu mode

Postby Zim_256 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:57 pm

oderayi wrote:What you have to do is open the player's case and locate the flash memory. It's an IC with pins.legs. make sure the player is connected to your pc's USB. Get two office pins or screw drivers and bridge the IC legs (as in use the office pins or screw driver to short circuit the IC's legs) as much as you can.

As you do that your player might be restarting. Try as many IC legs as possible and bridge them occassioonally.

Hope it works.

Check out this link http://s1mp3.secret.com.br/en/docs_deadrec.php for more explanations.

DON'T EVEN TRY TO DO THIS!!!

Even if the player restarts because of the data corruption made by shorting the D0~D7 pins of the memory, it will start again with the write protection.

In other hand, you can short the other pins making a short-circuit between Vcc and Vss or GND, this can fry the player's DC-DC converter or your computer USB port and make it unusable for ever, the port and the player.

Read the dead recovery guide and how to remove the memory hack.
Z6 Comp Sys
Zim_256
s1 mp3 poster
s1 mp3 poster

Return to Memory and formatting problems