4GB 2nd Gen, 1.8 in, makes wierd files and copies by itself

Post here if you have problems with decreased memory or formatting problems.

4GB 2nd Gen, 1.8 in, makes wierd files and copies by itself

Postby Hermie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah, I'm new, and glad to find a support forum for these curious iPod Nano lookalikes. My first one was a 1st gen 2GB, and I loved it. Not a single problem, until I dropped it. So I needed a replacement, and I decided to go with an upgrade.

I got a 2nd gen 4GB player a while back, and I was having wierd problems with it.

First, I loaded about 20 folders on to the thing, but it only displayed 15 in the player. When I hooked it back up to the computer, my music was altered. I found strange files that looked like they had Javescript for names, and sizes ranging from 1kb to 1,000,000kb. And when I would click on a folder (still hooked up to the computer), it would show me the same page I was looking at, but the navigation bar said I was in the folder. It was also copying folders over and over again, and copying things by itself.

I called the seller, and asked whant the problem was. I was instructed to format the thing, and I did. The problem was still there.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced my problem? If so, were you able to fix it?

More: I got my replacement, and it has the SAME PROBLEM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

That's the player. My replacement is blue, but otherwise, it's the same.

I'm going to try that test for hacked memory, and see if that helps. It was messing up after I was putting in about 1.3GB of music in there.
Hermie

Re: 4GB 2nd Gen, 1.8 in, makes wierd files and copies by itself

Postby Banana » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:54 pm

Hacked memory probably. Try:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-remov ... t2400.html
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Return to Memory and formatting problems