From 3.2.16 to 3.5.37 and it actually worked!

Post here if you managed to recover your player, or solve your problem, and tell us how!

From 3.2.16 to 3.5.37 and it actually worked!

Postby ian_hawdon » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:00 pm

Yay, today i managed to create a firmware version 3.5.37 for my double speaker player (MP680-CL-V11 with some strange screen which wouldn't allow me to install 3.5.35 firmware for that board!)

A while back someone sent me a firmware that had VoIP support, and whilst my player was open (ready to be ADFUed if needed) i decided to flash it!

The screen lit up with the famous hour glass (yay, BREC works!) and then, to my amazement, it entered USB disk mode and showed the graphics on the screen! (Yay :D :D :D)

Formatted it, then put some music on... Ah one problem, i am becoming deaf as the volume wont go down (only up), it just flashes VOL, then i remembered, some players DONT have volume up and down buttons and have one button, i pushed my joystick to the left and the volume went down!

So i extracted the firmware from my payer (good old s1fwx!) (as the original firmware was encrypted), disassembled the firmware and put the ky_hard.drv from the old 3.2.16 to the new firmware.

Built the firmware again, and replaced the menu pictures with the ones I made for the old firmware (as the ones in 3.5.37 had not improved since 3.2.16!)

Flashed, and now i am listening to the player!

It now has the extra features:

OGG support
VoIP support (Well, it acts as a sound card)
Sub Folder support

WARNING don't try this at home, unless you're confident with messing with your player
Who is General Error and why is he reading my hard drive? :D

If any of my posts have helped you, or if you're interested, click this link and sign up to help me get a free iPhone: http://apple.real-incentives.com/40461
ian_hawdon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you please send me the firmware...

Postby simns_69 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:08 am

Please send me the firmware I would be ever so greatful.
to;
simns@optusnet.com.au

Many Thanks in advance
Simon
simns_69

how to excract from .bin file?

Postby taka_ozo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:35 am

tell me how to extract files from a .bin arch , what program extracts the files??
taka_ozo

Postby faiquddin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:25 pm

please send me also the firmware so that i can manage to get my player alive again .i ll be thanking u
faiquddin

Postby faiquddin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:26 pm

my e-mail id is

meet_faiq@yahoo.com
faiquddin

Return to Success Stories