to fix my mp4.
I've done everything that I could do.
I upgraded somebody's mp4 using a modified firmware (vista theme),
and it worked very good, so, then I took another similar mp4, but this time,
things went wrong. The screen went off, and then It acquired a blueish colour.
I read many guides, but nothing works.
I'm going to show you the whole process, It can be useful to somebody.
This is the victim:
I unscrewed four little screws, and then took out the metalic case:
and this is what I got:
Ok. So, after dissasemble the device, I looked for all the letters that could help me to identify it:
And this is what i found:
but I had not found what I wanted.. so I unscrewed 2 screws that left.
and I found it under the screen: MP-693C-SL MAIN v1.3 2005.12.14
As I got the "name" of the mp4, I looked up a firmware that works.
I went through many topics from S1mp3 proyect, until I got some
3.5.35 full firmwares, and some dumped and merged ones.
This file contains 9 firmwares, downloaded from s1mp3 firmware list,
from mympxplayer.org, and from this webpage.
typeC1_3.2.16 (DO NOT USE THIS ONE)
3.5.37v2.1b FM for recovery.fw
Then, I started to follow step by step the guides that Flashget posted
1. Open device ( 4 screws on the sides)
2. Short the pins I/07-I/05 on Samsung chip (Hynix in my case) with a flat screwdriver as shown in "Dead Recovery Guide" ( these are on upper site on the right )
3. Turn the player on (USB cable conected)
4. Now it will be recognized by Windows as ADFU device
5. Install ADFU Drivers ( to find in your MP3 Utilities Software folder )
6. Start MP3 Upgrade Tool and wait until it says "ADFU device found"
7. Take the screwdriver away! IMPORTANT(This step can be done after ADFU Server is recognized. It works.)
8. Use this Firmware to upgrade
9. Now Player will be recognized by windows as a flash drive
10. Now flash your dump made with sw1fx ( if you don't have one, you can use my dump 3.5.35
11. you've done! NO, It didn't work.
12. But if you still not satisfied, you can flash with new firmware dump 3.5.37 ( thanks to patrick) which is way faster than 3.5.35
BIG WARNING!!! If you just want to try this new firmware (3.5.37) please make a firmware dump with sw1fx BEFORE !!! In this way you can save yourself lot of troubles and lost nerves!!!
OK... that's what I've done...
I've read all the guides that I've found, but nothing seems to work.
I know this is going to help somebody, because of the pictures.
My question is...: CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!?
Thanks to everybody quoted in this text.