Pretty sure I've been memory scammed

Have you been scammed? Was it a memory issue, or was it a non functioning device, or even shoddy support? We want to hear from you... Tell us your experiences to make a profile of bad sellers!

Pretty sure I've been memory scammed

Postby sharperguy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:55 pm

I have an mp4 player which is supposedly 4GB.

I have learned that there is no real 4GB mp4 player in existence, and sure enough after I use a certain amount of memory it starts acting really strange. Files not writing, mp4 rebooting when I try to play some files, and various other weirdities.

I reformatted the player a few times and it still shows up exactly 4GB.

I was wondering if there was any way to reveal the true size of the player, and have it acting as it should with this size.

I'm not sure what chipset or whatever it has, but the firmware version shows up like this in settings:

Code: Select all
MP3 PLAYER
LSD_9301_10
2006-11-21
2005-01-09

It seems to work fine until the point I put too much on.

I also tried backing up the players firmware, but when I tryed to "fix" the .bin file it said "unknown firmware" or something.

Suppose I could mention that I can't seem to get the screen to go off while playing music, nor can I put the screen brightness down, which severally reduces the battery life of the player.

Thanks for any support :)
Firmware: 9.1.51
Capacity: 2.0GB
Style: Stick-shaped mp3 player with FM and voice-recording, no video desplay.

Dunno much else at the moment
sharperguy
Beginner

Postby llxx » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:04 pm

I see you have one of the newer players with 209x series controllers, which *do* support up to 4Gbyte of memory.

However I also see your chip is K9G8G08U0M which is a 1Gbyte.

Have you tried some of the other 90-series firmwares? (Latest is 9.0.50)
llxx

Postby sharperguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:52 pm

I got the player to display 1GB now (and found that info in my sig out well after this post) - I was formatting using windows and not the mp3 disk tool/

I'm not sure what the best way to go about upgrading f/w without killing my device.

I now know that s1fwx doesn't support 209x series which is why I can't extract the f/w I have at the moment.
Firmware: 9.1.51
Capacity: 2.0GB
Style: Stick-shaped mp3 player with FM and voice-recording, no video desplay.

Dunno much else at the moment
sharperguy
Beginner

Number of files in one folder

Postby benjydababy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:25 am

I have had problems with this before as well. What may be the problem is you have too many files in the one folder. It will say disk full if you try and copy any more over.

What you should do is put some more folders in your home directory and put files in them. Good Luck!
benjydababy

Return to Scammed?