[No-Trust] Uxcell.com Scamsite

Have you been scammed? Was it a memory issue, or was it a non functioning device, or even shoddy support? We want to hear from you... Tell us your experiences to make a profile of bad sellers!

[No-Trust] Uxcell.com Scamsite

Postby Lezarwerks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:02 am

http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/item/showItemLayout.php?action=showItem&id=mv0blk4096mp039

I bought this unbranded 4GB player that had firmware information about s1mp3.org.

Click here for Video (WMV)
Click here for Video (DIVX)

After enough studying and researching, this device is definately of s1mp3.

All along until now I had thought this was a 4GB player. I had so many problems until now, I can see why I did. Have you ever tried copying 1.6GB of data to a device that could only hold 256MB but was memory hacked to 4GB? It will work of course, but you will not realize it until you turn on the device and browse through the data you copied onto it. The first files that were copied onto the device will be stored on the device up until the point until it gets to copying files past the capacity limit. Those files will disappear in the player's browser, and in Windows it will show blank, undeletable files (as if it had no problem). The only way I could delete those was by formatting the device FAT16 or FAT32, both seemed to work or by using the delete functions of S1MP3 firmware.

With a supposive 1.6GB on a 256MB chip, I even ran into some disk error problems and got an instant-format-bug in the device (basically it "formatted the data on the device to empty space").

So I am doing my research, and I happened to stumble across http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0. That saved the day. Guess what? I just found out that this baby can really hold 277MB, not 4096MB. That is a HUGE difference from 4GB; nobody could make such an obvious mistake unless they were everyday scammers.

This is the e-mail I had sent to support:
I have found some unsatisfactory factors of this device and it's package content.

First and foremost, when I copied a folder of about 1.6GB of music onto the device, and safely disconnecting the device, I found that the MP3/MP4 Player would only show 1 to 3 folders out of like 10 to 15 folders that I had copied. Why?

Why cannot I format this device using the CD software that came with it? I get an error saying something like that it is an unsupported device...

I ran CHKDSK through command prompt on the device and it turns out that the device has a grand "32,768 bytes in bad sectors" of "4,101,095,424 bytes total disk space." By the way, I tried formatting the device myself after a little toying with it, and the device has no problem being formatted as FAT16 or FAT32. The device, unfortunately, cannot be formatted to NTFS, simply because it is an unsupported format. Even before I formatted and performed some 'advanced' operation in regards to software, command prompt, defragmenting, etc, the device would not display all the folders and files I would have copied to it. :(

I also found some strange glitch with the device. After trying to manually delete some of those "disappeared" folders (in the player's menu, that is) in Windows XP, I somehow found that the device created an infinite structure. For example, I would be at G:\ (the device). I would open the folder "Abc123," and there would be another folder called "Abc123," in that folder. I could keep opening the folders until I have something like this showing in my window: G:\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\Abc123\
In this example, I had only copied ONE "Abc123" folder to the device, and somehow the device made an infinite number of these. I don't know... :S

Not all files and folders will show up on the device after copying; there is 32 bytes as a bad sector (device has about 36 to 38 bytes reserved for special data? Possibly this special data containing configurations, bootloader, etc, is part of the bad sector or Windows is incorrectly interpreting it as a bad sector?); CD software gives errors such as "unsupported format / device"; the manual was terrible

I had followed the instructions in the green paper included in the packaging that said at the bottom to let it charge for a few hours before first use.

My player has been supposively charging for the past ~9 hours, and the LED on the adapter is still red.

Last night I toyed around with it some more: I was trying to record a radio station, but I got a Disk error. I tried it 2 or 3 more times, then I got a Disk Error and then a Disk Empty. Apparently the whole harddisk of the device had disappeared. All my music was gone too! I found out how to "successfully" copy files and folders to the device. I have to use command prompt and its commands "mkdir" (to create folders), "copy" (to copy files from my harddrive to the player), "del" (to delete), etc. If I don't use command prompt and these commands, nothing will be safely and correctly deleted, copied, or created on the device.

I want to send back this device for a full refund please (due to mass unsatisfaction).

Regards,

By the way, if you ever pay through PayPal and the company/person who is not reasonable for a refund, send a dispute to PayPal and win the dispute. If you win the dispute, you should get a full refund plus you should get to keep whatever device you wanted refunded. :) Their 30-Day Full Refund policy looks too good for this to happen to me with Uxcell though.
Lezarwerks

Postby Lezarwerks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:53 pm

Uxcell reply:
Dear customer,

The disk error problem may occur if some corrupted files are stored in the
player or if the USB connection is disrupted while data is still being
transferred.Please connect your player with your pc then click the removable
disk (that is the player on "my computer") on the right, then choose "format",
under the format file, please choose "FAT" but not "FAT32". After formatting,
please copy songs or movies or any other files to your player. Please kindly
have a try and advise

My reply:
Unfortunately, that was a very useless "help," because the suggestion of using FAT over FAT32 is entirely incorrect. I had also mentioned that I had followed the manual and green slip of paper very carefully and had done nothing wrong. I had spent about 10 hours within the past 72 hours fiddling with the device to solve this problem myself. I have over 10 years of computer handling experience; I actually have a clue of what I had been doing when fiddling with the device. You cannot help me or anyone with a problem like this because you cannot copy 1.5GB onto a device that had been memory hacked to falsely show a counterfiet 4GB of memory, when it can really hold only 256MB (which is about 1/16 of 4GB). I had clearly purchased a 4GB Glacier; my Glacier displayed 4GB on Windows XP and in the GUI Interface; there is a 4GB sticker on the side of the device. Doing my research, I have been led to the following explanations of my proof:

"I have found out that I have been scammed by Uxcell. This device is NOT a 4GB (4000MB - 4096MB) player, but a counterfeit and memory hacked device to display that it's capacity is 4GB. The true and genuine capacity is 256MB; I had checked the serials on the memory chip, and have found that it is so. Not only that, but by following the guide at http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.htm ... c&&start=0 I have also fixed the memory hack to show the real memory amount it can hold.

For having scammed me, I want to return this device and recieve a full refund (and if you want this device back, I want you to pay for the shipping because it would not be fair for me to pay twice for shipping after scamming me). There is a huge difference between a memory chip that has a capacity of 256MB and a chip that totals to 4096MB; nobody can make such an obvious mistake, which means uxcell is most likely an everyday scammer. This product is fraud, and other products on uxcell.com are probably just the same.

FAT format only supports 2GB, and FAT32 enables a device to have a larger quantity of 2GB (such as 2.001GB, 4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 120GB). After using the operation at http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.htm ... c&&start=0 to fix the memory hack, I have not since had a technical problem with the device."

Straight to the point: you have falsely advertised (also known as lying), sent me a frauded product, and gave me enough evidence to confirm that this was a scam. I would like a full refund to my PayPal account (using the "Refund" link for the PayPal transaction), and to send the device back as long as you pay for the shipping of the device back to Hong Kong.

Don't make a mistake, and please be co-operative enough to fully refund me (as it would not be fair for me to pay extra just because you scammed me, be reasonable) and to cover shipping costs.

Regards,

PS. Evidence may be found at...
http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.htm ... c&&start=0
http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/ite ... k4096mp039
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/IMG_9051.jpg
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/IMG_9052.jpg
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/IMG_9053.jpg
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/IMG_9054.jpg
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/IMG_9048.jpg
http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/MVI_9050.wmv (or http://www.hlrse.net/Qwerty/glaciermp4/MVI_9050.divx)
Last edited by Lezarwerks on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lezarwerks

Postby Lezarwerks » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 am

Uxcell reply:
Dear customer,

The disk error problem may occur if some corrupted files are stored in the
player or if the USB connection is disrupted while data is still being

transferred. Please try to format the player with Windows Explorer (use
FAT16/FAT32 as system files). Normally, the disk error problem will be
resolved.

After formatting, please copy songs or movies or any other files to your

player. Please kindly have a try and advise.
for loading the songs, you first need to connect the player to
the computer with the usb cable, then the computer will show a new
removable drive for this player, you can create a folder in the root
directory, and save the song to that folder. Each folder can save 100
songs. Please note that each folder you created must be in the root
directory, it cannot contain any sub-folder. Here is the example.
Correct (one folder for max. 99 files)
F:\Evermore-Dreams\ *.mp3 ...
Wrong (files in a subfolder of the folder)
F:\Evermore\Dreams\ *.mp3 ...

Since the mp4 player can view the media file with amv format. However,
many of the media file is in AVI format, the disc is used to covert avi
format to amv format so that it can be played by the player.

another you should charge the battery when it ran out
Please try to charge your player by the following method.
1. Slide the switch to ON.
2. Hook up the player via the USB cord with your computer.
3. Charge it for at least 5 hours, but not over 8 hours.
4. After charging, slide the switch back to OFF, then slide the switch to ON
again.
5. Press the play button for a few seconds in order to power it on.

Best Regards
Uxcell customer service

My reply:
What is the storage or memory capacity of this device?

Regards,
Lezarwerks

Postby Lezarwerks » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Uxcell reply:
Dear customer,

Glacier - MP4 Player 2 inch TFT LCD 4GB Black (using Nokia Battery)
Is there anything wrong with the capacity? Please kindly advise us freely.

Best Regards
Uxcell customer service

My reply:
>Is there anything wrong with the capacity? Please kindly advise us freely.
Yes. It does not hold a genuine and true capacity 4GB, but rather 0.256GB (1/16th of 4GB; 256MB). This device has been "memory hacked." Memory hacked means for example that you take a 40GB harddrive and you hack it to make it act like, pretend, or show that it can hold for example "500GB" when it can actually hold 40GB.

I have used the guide at http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.htm ... c&&start=0 to "undo" or "fix" the memory hack so that it is not memory hacked any more, but will show the true, genuine, and real capacity/storage of the device. This device is not a 4GB, but a 0.256GB (1/16 GB) device that had been "memory hacked" to show that it could hold 4GB.

Uxcell reply:
Dear customer,

each folder can only save 99 files even there is memory left, if you have
saved more than 99 music files in one folder
please separate those files into different folders, the problem should be
solved

Best Regards
Uxcell customer service

My father told me to setup a dispute to PayPal immediately, as they are purposefully trying to buy time and avoid the problem.
Lezarwerks

Postby Lezarwerks » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:01 am

PayPal deferred my dispute, regardless of the massive evidence I had provided.

"We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received." -PayPal

Not as described - Case ID: PP-279-318-865

Transaction ID: 0GD78104HW320332X

Seller Name & Email: Dragonmarts Company Limited, ukpayment@uxcell.com.hk

Transaction Amount: -$79.99 USD

Transaction Date: Mar. 30, 2007

From Buyer: BlueToast Webhosting on 4/28/2007 13:55 PDT

I have all evidence needed, including genuine GMail / Google Mail e-mail conversations. I have a wholesome of public evidence about their scamming at viewtopic.php?p=22876#22876. If you need more information, photos, videos, etc - I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to co-operate.

From Buyer: BlueToast Webhosting on 4/28/2007 13:52 PDT

I would also like to add that it took from 2 to 4 weeks after making the purchase through PayPal for them to just PROCESS the order. Then it took about 2 more weeks to ship it. If they say that my "30-Day" Guarantee is over already, they have clearly ripped me off and cheated me <> I can COD the device back to UXCell (Dragonmarts Company Limited); or offer to ship it back to them as long as they pay for the shipping <> As for my full refund, I want the shipping of this transaction also refunded <> My reasons for wanting the shipping refunded and UXCell to pay for shipping if they want the device back is clearly logical that they, as the scammers, be the ones responsible for their own scheme.

From Buyer: BlueToast Webhosting on 4/28/2007 13:44 PDT

Evidence Thread may be found at viewtopic.php?p=22876#22876 <> Glacier - MP4 Player 2 inch TFT LCD !TURE! 4GB Black (using Nokia Battery) Item # mv0blk4096mp039 <> Item Page can be found at http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/ite ... k4096mp039 <> The device was memory hacked. It was memory hacked to display that it could hold 4GB (~4096MB). After going through a few formatting operations (which DO NOT MODIFY STORAGE CAPACITIES, BUT UNDO ANY MEMORY HACKS IF DONE PROPERLY) using the guide at http://www.mympxplayer.org/1-vt2400.htm ... c&&start=0 I undone the memory hack and found that it could only hold ~256MB, which is 1/16 of 4GB or approximately 4096MB. The device even has a 4GB sticker on the side of it. <> The transaction included the ID#(mv0blk4096mp039) and matchs with the "4GB Glacier" on the UXCell website <> I have taken photos, videos, and have genuine GMail (Google Mail, mail.google.com) conversations with technical support demanding a refund and repeatively explaining in technical details how I had been shipped a counterfeit/fraud product using a 256MB Flash Memory Chip instead of a 2x2GB or a 1x4GB Flash Memory Chip. Chip serial number also confirms it to be a 256MB (0.256GB) chip <> viewtopic.php?p=22876#22876 contains all or almost every detail of evidence, please review it carefully <> Besides the product being fraud, I am unsatisfied with it because it has poor support for video playing (it only supports rare *.avw formats, and light support for MP3/Music playing, terrible and confusing manual, and altogether lacks support for many music formats such as *.ogg, video formats such as *.wmv, *.avi, etc). I want to get a full refund <> I am willing to send back the device IF THEY PAY FOR THE SHIPPING - I want the SHIPPING of this TRANSACTION refunded also; it would not be fair for me to pay 2x for shipping, but for the scammer to pay for own evil..

Date Actor Action Details
Apr. 28, 2007 PayPal Case closed
Apr. 28, 2007 PayPal Case does not meet filing guidelines
Apr. 28, 2007 PayPal Email sent to seller
Apr. 28, 2007 PayPal Email sent to buyer
Apr. 28, 2007 Buyer Dispute escalated to claim
Apr. 28, 2007 PayPal Email sent to buyer
Apr. 28, 2007 Buyer Dispute filed

I want my $80 back. :x
Lezarwerks