How do you respond to a scam?

Have you been scammed? Was it a memory issue, or was it a non functioning device, or even shoddy support? We want to hear from you... Tell us your experiences to make a profile of bad sellers!

How do you respond to a scam?

Postby Lezarwerks » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:10 am

How do you respond to a company who has scammed you? How do you get your refund? What procedures (and ones that are in the "if necessary" category) do you take to get your refund? Please give me some of your thoughts and ideas.

-PayPal has deferred my dispute and seemingly ignored evidence (an "I could care less" situation). So now PayPal will not take any involvement in this massive "1/16th of 4GB" scam.

-info@uxcell.com doesn't seem to have any intelligence or brains.

-I have sent a complaint form to Better Business Bureau.
Lezarwerks

Postby Banana » Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 am

You are in US (you really could write this instead of confirming a stereotype that we have from US people, there is not just the USA on this planet, you know), seller is in China. What do you expect? US law doesn't apply in China. Sorry to say, but there is not much you can do. Kindly ask the seller for refund, maybe he is honest (first thing to do under any circumstances). OK, you could go to Hong Kong and start a litigation there (you probably also could start one in the US, but with what result?).

PayPal on the other hand isn't really known to care about customers. But I don't know what you could do against them. What I know is that they will continue ignoring you.
Banana
S1 ++ poster
S1 ++ poster

Return to Scammed?