decreased Player memory

Hardware hacks, chipset information and other hardware related topics.

Postby nati » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 pm

hello, im new here i have ipod nano fake 8gb but it has problems, that i read in faq section:
"Q2: The player has less memory than normal, and restarts displaying "format error", "I/O error" or "disk error" when I upload more than 128/256/512/etc MB, OR it always reestart after playing song X.
What you can do is to format the player using the tool that came on the the latest version of the "MP3 Player Utilities", available in Herramienta de actualización del reproductor. Do a complete format and don't set any encripted drive.
If this does not help, try the "disk management", reached at "Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> computer management". Right click the mp3 player partition, choose "format". Use "FAT" or "FAT16" (NOT FAT32!)
If it does not work, you can try a low-level format using this tool :HP formatting tool
This is a known problem. It is some bug in the firmware
If formatting does not help, you should check if the memory chip inside you player has the capacity that the players claims.(see and Samsung K9W8G08U1M[FLASH MEM])"

i transfer some music, images or videos, it says does no t have format for images when i want to see in mp4, i converted a mpg file into avg for mp4 read it and it doenst play, i tranfer several mp3 and then is going to play x song and it tunrs off
then i conected to computer again and there were files with strange words or symbols and i cant delete it, then i have to format it, but it happened again, and sometimes workd seeing images but sometimes not and the same is for the video player
i tried format it but i cant change "FAT32", and i couldnt download the low format tool
help me pleaaseeee
nati

Postby nati » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:13 am

hey i alreadyrealized following a guide on other mpr site that my ipod nano clone only has 108mb ffrom 8gp but now it works fine

but do you know if i can buy beggier space memory and add to it?
nati

Re: decreased Player memory

Postby badshah4u » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:25 am

Hi Friends,

I have purchased an MP4 player with the showing capacity of 998mb but whenever i try to copy the data of more than 130mb it never played on player and not even on my pc. :idea: In wikipedia i read that these players shows the memory in bits instad of bytes (8 Bits = 1Byte). Which means they show the memory 8 times higher. The file system of my player is FAT. Wat if i format my player in FAT32 file system.
Please suggest me to use the maximum available space of my player without getting any error.
badshah4u

Postby mallu boy » Sat May 17, 2008 10:03 am

It seems you have a player with 128 Mbytes memory chip inside, with a sticker outside saying 1Gb.

The actual capacity will be 119 Mbytes. You will only be able to retrive this amount of files from it. The only solutions are: to be happy with the 119 Mb capacity OR solder in a new chip of proper capacity.
s1 mp3 player stickered 256 mb, actually 128 with 2005.08.28 board, atj2051 - now 1000 Mb after chip replacement. Instructions on soldering memory chips here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1592&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=23
mallu boy

Postby chhandam » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Could anyone suggest a memory chip that can add on to or replace the memory chip on board 4 Gbit clones? to make them really 4 GByte? Thanks a lot.
chhandam

Postby Fisher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi.
I just have exactally the opposite problem.
My MP3 is a "K mp3 player dvr", it's 256MB and now is showing 1GB, but, I cannot format nor access the memory.
What should I do?
Is there a way to set the memory size on the player?
Thanks!
Fisher

Previous

Return to Hardware (Hacks, information, fixes)