[Memory Issue] Procedure for players with memory problems

Topics unrelated to a specific category.

[Memory Issue] Procedure for players with memory problems

Postby wladston » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:21 pm

Q2: The player has less memory than normal, and restarts displaying "format error" or "disk error" when I upload more than 128/256/512/etc MB

What you can do is to format the player using the tool that came on the the latest version of the "MP3 Player Utilities", available in MP3 Player Utilities. Do a complete format and don't set any encrypted drive.

If this does not help, try the "disk management", reached at "Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> computer management". Right click the mp3 player partition, choose "format". Use "FAT" or "FAT16" (NOT FAT32!)

This is a known problem, and on most of the players, it's caused by a player formatted to handle more memory than the memory chip allows.

If formatting does not help, you should check if the memory chip inside you player has the capacity that the players claims.(see Dissassemble the s1mp3 and Nand Flash memory(Samsung or Hynix))
(there is an ongoing discussion about this in this post
1GB Standard s1 mp3 player. (MP-482C MAIN V8)
1GB "mp4" s1mp3 player. Not remarked.
I DO __NOT__ reply to PM's. Send email instead. I won't be even notified for new PM's.
wladston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Memory Issue] Procedure for players with memory problem

Postby BARMAN2005 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:54 pm

wladston wrote:
...Use "FAT" or "FAT16" (NOT FAT32!)...

I format my mp3 in FAT and I had only 1/2 of all memory space but when I format in FAT32 I have all memory space - 2GB. Why "NOT FAT32!" ...?
BARMAN2005
Ugly Duckling :D poster
Ugly Duckling :D poster

Return to Miscellaneous Problems