Format error steps

Topics related to the S1mp3.org project (webpage, politics, etc.)

Moderator: wladston

Format error steps

Postby cjholtz28 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:18 am

New to this site, quick question: followed the steps exactly for re-formatting my mp3: disk mgmt, control panel, admin tools right click mp3,etc. When I get to the screen that says the mp3's format FAT 32, I can highlight it all day, I can quick format and delaet all of my music files, I can right click it, but damned it it will let me re-format it in FAT or FAT 16. All I can do is highlight it in blue or quick format. What am I doning wrong? Could someone helpfull please e-mail this to me at cjholtz28@comcast.net. ALso if it makes any difference my mp3/4 is a chinese knockoff of an ipod nano, 8gb.

Thnaks. 8)
cjholtz28

Re: Format error steps

Postby Schopf » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Cant you just highlight the unit, right-click and choose "format"?
Schopf

Postby cjholtz28 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 pm

In what screen or context should I highlight the unit to select format? As I said in the above post, when I followed all steps in order, I can highlight it as much as I want, however, it only shows FAT 32 as an option. WIsh it would allow me to reformat. Still stumped. :?
cjholtz28

Postby cjholtz28 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:08 pm

Also if it makes any difference, I do not have an mp3 logo or icon that I can click on, my mp3 player is set up through my F drive, so when I right click on F drive it brings up my mp3 player. Also I connect via a USB port in the front of my computer, not the back; if that means anything. Seems this thing will hold 208 songs and then refuses to take on any more, even though it shows only 40% memory usage. Hope help is out there before I cerimoniously destroy this little thing. :D
cjholtz28

Postby Schopf » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm

So, go to "My computer" and RIGHT-click your F:, choosing "Format".

You will see something like that:
Schopf

Postby cjholtz28 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:16 am

Perhaps I am not clarifying appropriately, my apologies, let me try again. I can get exactly where you are showing me to go, this is not the problem. When I try to format the only option listed in the sub menu is FAT 32, whetehr I right click it left click it, no matter what it does not show another option of formatting. In the bottom of the widow is a quick format option which just erases my songs, but of the formatting options it lists only FAT 32 now matter how I click it. Do I need to download this other FAT or FAT 16 before I try reformatting, because I have not, don't know how. Again I am there I just don't have the otion of another format no matter what.
cjholtz28

Postby Schopf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:56 am

oh, I see. Maybe you have a problem in memory chip. Take a look here: http://forum.s1mp3.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828
and here: http://forum.s1mp3.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2024
Schopf

Return to S1mp3.org project