How Do I add music to it?!

For topics specific to the s1mp3s with that LCD coloured screen.

How Do I add music to it?!

Postby Stringliss » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:21 am

Hello, I am trying to figure this thing out for my Nephew, every time I put music on it, it says it's the wrong Format, and I know nothing about this stuff. I installed the little tiny cd that came with it, used the software to add music to it, but it doesn't play, I would appreciate the help, Thanks.
Stringliss

Re: How Do I add music to it?!

Postby franko » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 pm

well, you must see what music file formats your player supports. An MP3 file should be working. If your music is AAC or something it probably won't work. So, check the formats and the codecs.

But, yes, if you are a Windows user (which I guess you are), maybe you can't see the extensions... WinXP doesn't show extensions by default... But I think you can check the files by right-clicking them and selecting properties or something. I haven't used Windows for quite a while, so I'm not sure... :-/
franko

Postby Stringliss » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:00 am

On the back it says Mp3/Mp4, I am trying to Add Mp3s to it. I am using the utilities that came with it also. I am guessing that you use Media Manager? Well I add the music to it, and it's there, it plays on the Media Manager, but not on the mp3 player itself. Thanks for the Info, hope I can figure this out.
Stringliss

Postby franko » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:43 am

Hm... I don't know, I don't use Media Manager because it doesn't run in Linux (maybe I should figure out how to make it work under wine...). I run the player on my computer as a normal USB flash memory device, and then I just copy/paste the supported media files to it.

Maybe your Media Manager doesn't work good, in which case, you should do like me, run the player as a normal USB flash memory. Or it is just about those extensions and file formats. Or both. Check it out.
franko

Return to Usability on the MP4 players