Tips in AMV converting (best quality!)

For topics specific to the s1mp3s with that LCD coloured screen.

Postby ian_hawdon » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:58 am

May be usefull so

*made sticky*
Who is General Error and why is he reading my hard drive? :D

If any of my posts have helped you, or if you're interested, click this link and sign up to help me get a free iPhone: http://apple.real-incentives.com/40461
ian_hawdon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wladston » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:13 am

1GB Standard s1 mp3 player. (MP-482C MAIN V8)
1GB "mp4" s1mp3 player. Not remarked.
I DO __NOT__ reply to PM's. Send email instead. I won't be even notified for new PM's.
wladston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zwiebug » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 am

here is my way of encoding to amv:

install gordian knot (go to http://www.doom9.org)
    install vfapi (you can also get it at doom9)
    load an avi file into gordian knot, set the desired resolution, the cropping and filter settings (maybe deinterlace, maybe noise reduction if neccesarry), then save the preview window as a .avs file.
    open the .avs with notepad and alter the settings like you wish (i added msharpen.dll for sharpening the video (increases the look of the video al lot! and replaced the lanczos resize filter with the lanzcos3 filter (very optional step though, not much of a difference)
    of course you have to get the desired avisynth plugins/dlls at avisynth.org and put them all in the .avs file.
    now: open up vfapi and load the altered .avs file. it will save a .avi which is a reference to the .avs file with an added avi header.
    advantage : you can have all the resize, cropping, sharpening procedures but don't need to re-encode your source video for that and then have it again re-encoded to amv by the amv converter. you save one encoding step, and also the quality of the resulting video will increase because you don't have to encode your video once before handling it to the amv converter.
    this procedure is called "frameserving" of a video file. you could also follow the virtualdub method of adding filters to the source video posted in the board and then have virtualdub frameserve the video to the amv encoder, but the frameserving of virtualdub is somewhat strange and doesn't work for me.

the resulting video file will significantly increase in quality with the pre-enchancements and with this method you can frameserve any video filetype to the amv converter as long as your media player can play it back.

this was a quick & dirty tutorial, maybe i will describe it better when there is interest.
zwiebug

problem with movies

Postby zedouglas » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Hello, i have a MP4 Player mod. MP – 735C – STL V1.2 how with it one of this link
http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/item? ... d=45423934
It have a LCD that permit plays moves with 160x120 px but when i decpder a movie with resolution that move just freeze. But with resolution about 120x94 the movie plays normaly.

Somebody knows why happen this problem and can help me???

Thanks.

And sorry of my bad english.
zedouglas

Re: Tips in AMV converting (best quality!)

Postby xiuyan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Very great~!
Keep up the great work~!
xiuyan

Return to Usability on the MP4 players